A selection of rare and unreleased tracks from the prince of Tusla boogie, Billy Bruner. 10 Killer unknown and rare boogie soul tracks.
Originally set to reissue two of his rare, sought-after singles – “The Tulsa Song” and “The Dream” – AOTN decided to raid the archives and put together Billy Bruner’s first official debut full-length album.
Combining previously released tracks (including some made as part of similarly obscure outfit T’Spoon and the gospel-leaning band The Davis Family), unheard extended versions and previously unreleased songs. The album soulful collection of synth-heavy slow jams, a perfect way to kick off the summer months.
Listen below, and head over to the Athens of the North Bandcamp page to purchase in all formats.
- 1619 Podcast from The New York Times An audio series on how slavery has transformed America, connecting past and present through the oldest form of storytelling.
- This American Life: We Are In The Future
- The Curve Podcast
- Anti Racism Resource List
- How Can I Help From Europe?
- Why You Need to Stop Saying “All Lives Matter”
- So You Want To Talk About Race? by Ijeoma Oluo
- The Color Of Law by Richard Rothstein
- Natives by Akala
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- How To Respond to Common Racist Statements by Waste Free Marie
- Systemic Racism Explained
- 13th Netflix
- Why Cities Are Still So Segregated – Let’s Talk from NPR
- Michael Che Matters
- Let’s Get To The Root Of Racial Injustice by Megan Ming Francis – TEDxRainier
- Stand with Bandcamp to Support Racial Justice, Equality, and Change Next Friday, June 19th (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), Bandcamp are donating 100% share of sales to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, a racial justice organization with a long history of effectively enacting change through litigation, advocacy, and public education
- Color Of Change
- Black Lives Matter
- Show Racism The Red Card
- Suspend UK export of tear gas, rubber bullets and riot shields to USA – Change.org
- Justice for George Floyd – Change.org
- Battle racism by updating GCSE reading lists – Change.org